National Procurement Service - Our Mission
Through the provision of professional procurement services and advice we will ensure that the public service can efficiently and effectively access the best value goods and services in a legally compliant manner thus enabling the provision of superior public services.
The high level goals of the NPS are:
- To organise the procurement of common goods and services
- To organise networks of public service procurement professionals
- To develop targeted and accredited training and education
- To integrate the whole-of-Government policies into procurement practice, e.g. sustainable procurement and encouraging participation by SME's in public procurement.
The NPS is active in;
- Operational Strategic Sourcing: of common goods and services on behalf of public sector bodies. The goods and services previously supplied by the GSA are now supplied by the NPS. A key objective of the NPS is to leverage the public service's buying power in order to deliver procurement savings. This includes encouraging collaboration and cooperation between public bodies in the area of procurement.
- Education/Learning and Guidance: including public procurement networks, training and development of guidance material.
- eProcurement: operating and developing the eTenders website www.etenders.gov.ie The NPS is an operational procurement unit, which collaborates closely with the National Public Procurement Policy Unit in the Department of Finance, which is responsible for procurement policy. For more detailed information in relation to current and planned procurement campaigns, please see the buyer and supplier pages.